I’m still stuck in the fog where I’m not believing that Michael Jackson is really gone. I have so many emotions running through me. I am a big fan of MJ’s and was saddened when he became surrounded by so much sadness and controversy. But I don’t think that’s what I will remember about him.
I will remember…
- My 5th birthday party with a MJ theme. We lip sync’d and ate a cake with his face on it. We watched Thriller and the party favors were MJ folders for school.
- Dancing to his music in my pink childhood room. Asking Mom & Dad to buy me his Jackson 5 records. Singing along to “Ben” in my attic.
- Playing my Jackson 5 Christmas album ’til the tape popped!
- Wishing I was one of the kids in the Moonwalker movie. I was so jealous!
- My Michael Jackson doll. He was Barbie-sized, so I made sure he got a date with the blonde bombshell 🙂
- Battle-dancing with Raymond in college to “Don’t Stop (Til You Get Enough”
And the list goes on and on…
RIP MJ…”Never Can Say Goodbye”