One of my favorite things in the world is giving gifts. So, the holiday season is definitely my most favorite time of year. There’s something really beautiful about recognizing or honoring a special part of someone else and celebrating it through a gift. Some of the best gifts, I feel, are ones that nurture growth in someone.
In light of that, I’d like to take this post and dedicate it to several noteworthy organizations that encourage and inspire women and girls. You might want to consider them in your gift-giving this year—whether you decide to donate a few dollars, some of your time or just spread the word to your friends about the great work they do.
- MADRE is a human rights organization that focuses on providing resources for women worldwide, including Afghanistan, Colombia and Palestine.
- Girls Write Now pairs young women who are aspiring writers with seasoned novelists, journalists and songwriters for mentoring and workshops to help develop their writing skills.
- Girls Quest sends hundreds of girls from the New York City area to summer camp every year. Read more about them in this previous LizzLoves post.
- Girl Effect believes in the potential of adolescent girls across the globe and their power to end poverty. Learn more by watching this powerful video from a previous LizzLoves post.
- Milagros Day Worldwide Inc. empowers survivors of domestic violence to bring their lives to a place of positivity and change.
- FINCA uses microfinance to help women in developing countries fund their business ventures that will, in turn, improve their standard of living.
*As your gift to me, please send me other powerful organizations that you care about. Happy Holidays and thank you for reading!*